On this episode, Joel Manby shares leadership principles from the Bible’s “Love Chapter” (1 Corinthians 13) that have proven effective throughout his 25-year experience as a CEO for some of the world’s largest companies.
Questions explored in this episode:
- How to lead based on the principles of action-oriented love in 1 Cor. 13:4-7
- Which of the leadership principles in 1 Cor. 13:4-7 are the most difficult for business managers and leaders?
- Why is it hard for business leaders to talk about “love” in the workplace?
- How effective is the “leading with love” approach?
- What was it like transitioning from being the CEO of the largest family-owned amusement park company, which has a long-standing culture that promotes Christian values, to being the CEO of large publicly traded company that was in the midst of a public relations crisis?
About the guest:
Drawing on 25+ years of CEO experience of major corporations, Joel wrote Love Works, in which he introduces us to the power of agape love in the workplace. Love Works has sold over 100,000 copies, and a new expanded version was released in March 2020.
Previously, Joel was Chief Executive Officer of SeaWorld and served as CEO of Herschend Enterprises, an entertainment company with brands such as the Harlem Globetrotters and Dollywood. Additionally, Joel spent 20 years in general management in the auto industry.
After he went undercover on the hit TV show Undercover Boss, his episode was the second-most popular program on all of US television during the week it aired … second only to American Idol.
Links mentioned in this episode:
Episode sponsor: www.GWT2Energy.com (GWT2Energy helps restaurants and retailers save money on their energy bills.)